Thursday, 19 November 2015

Danish ICYE Autumn camp 7-8th November 2015!

The picture is from ICYE's website I don't own it!!
As some people might know, I will be living in Seoul (SouthKorea) for 6 month. My trip will start on the 15th of February.. I will be going with an organisation called Danish ICYE. So because of this trip I had to go on a preparation camp with other volunteers. There where not only preparation volunteers but also home coming (volunteers that just had come home) and exchangees (the volunteers here in Denmark). 
It was a Saturday to sunday camp so I had to pack some stuff to take with me. 

The ICYE had prepared a bus from Fredericia/Middelfart for the people from Jylland and one from Odense for the people from Sjælland. I took the bus from Fredericia. So I first took the train from Esbjerg to Fredericia.

We had all received a map to where the bus would be picking us up, but a mistake had been made so we were all standing at the wrong place. while we were waiting for the bus I met two nice girls whom I talked a lot with during the camp. The names of the girls are Mie and Emmeli. 
Some of the other people waiting for the bus tried to see if the bus was waiting somewhere else, and it did so they told us and we safely arrived at the camp site called Gadsbølle School in Vissenbjerg with the bus XD 
We checked in and found ourselves af place to sleep in the mixed sleeping hall. I ended up changing my bed so one of the guys had a bed to sleep in XD So I was sleeping in top.. there were three layers (bottom, middle and top). 
After we had placed our things, it was time for lunch... and it was very nice lunch!! since I'm so stupid I forgot to take pictures of the camp.. but I have a few... During lunch I met Linda one of the people from Denmark who is also going to SouthKorea this February. She is a very nice girl and I look forward to the trip even more now!!!
Me and Linda!!!
Then Lunch had finished it was time to start the program. Preparation had to go to the prep room so we did. Here I met the other volunteers including Joakim who is the 3. person to go the Southkorea with me an Linda. He is also really nice!!
Only one of oure "Guides" had showed up his name was Andreas.. The other one was late so he arrived later his name was Tue!! 
During the day we had to do all kinds of things but the main thing was Conflict management and Culturechok, but we also had the change to talk to the exchangees and homecoming. We had a roleplaygame in groups where we had to set up a conflict which the other groups had to guess. I was grouped up with Joakim and 3 other people, an exchangee from Costa Rica and two home coming. We made a conflict were a child was being bullied by other children and the volunteer did not know have to make them stop because the children could not understand the volunteer.

Picture of the Prep room!! Linda and Joakim. The guy in the blue shirt is Rasmus, he is going to Taiwan!!
Having a break!!
The best part of the day was when me, Joakim and Linda met the exchangee from Southkorea, 유영진 aka Henry and three volunteers that have gone to Southkorea, Thomas, Vivi and Freja. Freja had just gotten home 2-3 months ago it was really nice to get to talk to her.. But talking to them all was really fun and I had a great time!!! I got Freja, Henry and Thomas's KakaoTalk (a Korean communication app) and they said that I could just text them if I had any questions and stuff!! That was so nice of them, they are all such amazing people that I'm happy to have met!! 
In the evening there was this small party or called Lounge and boardgames... which was just a name it was given but it was a party. You could buy beers, wine and ciders. I did not buy any but I received one from Freja since she got two but couldn't drink both ^^
They had a limbo game which I sadly did not get to participate in... but lets just say it was impossible for me to win.. some of the guys and some girls were extraordinary at it!!! 

Yes this is a guy!!!!!! ~Amazed!!!

I talked for many hours with Henry and Freja and i ended up going to bed at around 3am... and a long night it would be.. I had forgotten earplugs and sleeping-mask so I could not sleep because af all the snorring!!!!
so I went out trying to find somewhere else to sleep.. on some chairs, the floor and even a table.. as I was laying on some chair one of the workers at the camp asked me if I was okay.. I said to him that I could not sleep in the sleephall because of peoples snorring.. he had the same problem so he said that we could take out madrases and stuff and go into another room.. THAT WAS HEAVEN.. compared to the sleephall.. even-though several times during the night the lights would turn on and I had to go turn them off again... ~Irritating!!

We had some very nice breakfast so we were ready to take on the day!!!
Today we had to talked about some conflict cases and stuff in groups. We had to see if we could come up with solutions . A fun game we did was a water-bottle aka soda-bottle game.. we used a soda-bottle.. the first person had to say "soda" then the receiver had to say "what", then the first person should the "the soda" then the receiver should say "ahhh the soda". the receive should then pass it on the the next by saying "soda" then the new receiver should say "what" but the old receiver should not say anything but pass it on the the first person and they should "the soda". The soda-bottle would then be returned to the new receiver and they would say "Ahh the soda".. and so on!!! I was a very weird game but also very fun!! 

 We then had lunch and some hours after that the time for cleaning came!!  But before cleaning we had to here some presentation from previous volunteers or home comings. We had the change to ask question and just listen to their experiences and about their trip in foreign countries. And then we were given some great travel tips and packing-list!!! After cleaning the school, there was a small photo session, so ICYE could have a picture of everyone!! The bus came not long after and the trip home had started.. I was very lucky because the moment we arrived at Fredericia station my train came!! I had 3 minutes to catch it, so I ran!!!!! Luckily I made it in time!!! If not I would have had to wait an HOUR for the next one!!!! So not cool!!
Until next time remember to always be happy ~Kisses <3

No comments:

Post a Comment